New in Open eVision 23.08
New in Open eVision 23.04
- A new code reader tool ECodeReader allowing to read multiple code types from a single integrated interface
- Deep Learning Studio is now available on Linux ARM-64 platforms
- Neural Network “engines” allow additional devices support (OpenVINO, Tensor RT) and increased speed.
- EasyBarCode2 now supports learning from images to improve its capabilities on similar images.
Compute precise 3D measurements, such as size, orientation, area, volume…
For each object detected, Easy3DObject computes 3D geometric measurements. All measurements are expressed in real-world units (such as millimeters or microns). These values include the length, width and height of the object, the orientation and tilt angles, the area and the volume. These measurements can then be used to perform 3D inspection, for example by comparing the results with reference values.
Full featured interactive demo application
A demo application for Easy3DObject is provided with complete source code. Using that application, the user will be able to learn and experiment with all the features of the Easy3DObject library. Additionally, code snippets can be generated and integrated into their applications.
All Open eVision libraries are available for Windows and Linux
- Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7 for x86-64 (64-bit) processor architecture
- Linux for x86-64 (64-bit) and ARMv8-A (64-bit) processor architectures with a glibc version greater or equal to 2.18
Metric detection criteria
The 3D object detection algorithm uses several geometric criteria to focus only on the required objects. These criteria are the size (length, width and height), the angle (orientation and tilt), the aspect ratio, the area and the volume of the objects. These parameters are expressed in real-world coordinate units. Using these criteria, the user can limit the extraction to the objects relevant to the inspection.
Automatic extraction of object local supporting plane
For each object detected, Easy3DObject extracts the local supporting plane. It is then used as the reference for various calculations like height, top position or volume. Using only the area surrounding the object in this process makes Easy3DObject a powerful tool for the inspection of products with curved or non-flat support.
Neo Licensing System
- Neo is the new Licensing System of Euresys. It is reliable, state-of-the-art, and is now available to store Open eVision and eGrabber licenses.
- Neo allows you to choose where to activate your licenses, either on a Neo Dongle or in a Neo Software Container. You buy a license, you decide later.
- Neo Dongles offer a sturdy hardware and provide the flexibility to be transferred from a computer to another.
- Neo Software Containers do not need any dedicated hardware, and instead are linked to the computer on which they have been activated.
- Neo ships with its own, dedicated, Neo License Manager, which comes in two flavours: an intuitive, easy to use, Graphical User Interface and a Command Line Interface that allows for easy automation of Neo licensing procedures.
Detection of 3D objects in point cloud and ZMap
Easy3DObject uses an innovative algorithm to detect objects in Point Clouds or ZMaps. It is able to efficiently extract small and large objects, whatever their shape.
Compatible with arbitrary regions
The arbitrary region feature of eVision (ERegion) can be used with Easy3DObject to refine the domain of extraction. Rectangles, circles, ellipses, polygons or any arbitrary regions are available as an optional parameter to the extraction.
2D and 3D graphical display of the results
The resulting object list can be displayed in 2D and 3D graphical contexts. On an image, the objects can be shown with their bounding rectangle, average position or extracted pixels. On a 3D Viewer, the objects are displayed with their bounding boxes, planes or top positions. Display attributes like color or opacity are customizable.
Developed with the support of the DG06 Technology Development Department